Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Response to Assignment 1

For this assignment we were giving these questions to answer:


  1. What are your strengths as an actor?  What do you feel you do well?  Why?
  2. What are the areas of opportunity for improvement you have as an actor?  What do you want to really work on this semester to improve as an actor?  Why?
  3. What is something that challenges you or terrifies you as an actor?  Do you think it is important to meet that terror and challenge head on and face it?  Or avoid it?  Why?




1. I think my strengths as an actor are few. I am really good memorizing lines and can get them in my head pretty quick. But, I think I have trouble really getting them to sound how they are supposed to. I can do the exaggeration in the classroom pretty well, I think, but on stage I tend to "tone it down" a bit. I think I just have trouble putting it all out there. 


2. This semester I would like to really let go of whatever insecurities I have so I can, like I said before, put it all out there. I want to focus on putting emotion into the words not only in rehearsal but also on stage in the spot light. I think if I am able to do this, and combined with my epic memorization skills...I will be unstoppable. 


3.I don't think I have any challenges that "terrify" me, just ones that need to be worked on. This being said, I think I should face these challenges and punch them in the face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment